Florist Assistant Certification Course
Class Schedule Rough Draft
Monday, Tuesday, 9 to 4, In Shop. Paper Bag Lunch. Flower ID, Science, care and handling, Tool pouch and apron construction. Sweeping lessons, industry overview, everyday operations, interpersonal skills, bouquet making, wedding and minor holiday prep, florist first aid.
Wednesday, 9 to 4. Paper Bag Lunch. Field trip in the afternoon to local flower shops and a greenhouse. Transportation via Passenger Van. Waiver Form Required. Paper Flowers and Major holiday prep, finance and administration (cash register, banking, letter mailing)
Thursday, 9 to 4, In Shop. Paper Bag Lunch. Mini walking field trip to the Coffee Way, Division and Concession. Major Holiday prep, arrangement making, art projects
Friday, 9 to 6 In Shop. Catered lunch. End of session celebration for friends and family. Students will run the shop themselves from 4 to 6. Sale item preparation, set up for the event, candy packaging, arrangement making
- Grades 7 to 12 students
- Ability to safely operate small hand tools (scissors, secateurs etc.).
- Ability to lift 20 to 30 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Must have closed-toed comfortable shoes, no heels.
- Unfortunately, at this time, the shop's classroom and restroom are not accessible for wheelchairs.
- Transportation waiver required